English newspapers?

When you've exhausted all your usual haunts and still can't find that elusive thing you're looking for, check it out here.

Moderator: Moderators

English newspapers?

by CaroSam » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi All,
Parents visiting so I am on the hunt for English daily newspapers. We are down in Ax-les-Thermes but will be out and about. Hoping to find somewhere in Tarascon or Foix? Currently the only place I know is SuperU at Mirepoix!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Caro.
CaroSam

Re: English newspapers?

by Myrtle&Martin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:56 am

The Maison de la Presse in Mirepoix have a better choice of foreign newspapers, and are part of a franchise chain, so worth a try if there's a branch up your end of the department.
Myrtle&Martin

by CaroSam » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Thank you,maybe Foix might have, though I wont bd surprised if only Mirepoix given how many British are round there. Looks like a day trip mid visit to stock up on a few :-)
CaroSam

by simonflys » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi - this newsagent / tabac in Foix normally has foreign newspapers - although it's always 'yesterdays' news for some bizzare reason.

https://goo.gl/maps/A8UwtjdWoMs
simonflys

by CaroSam » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Thank you both, have managed to secure a Sunday mail and a Daily Telegraph in the last few days so oldies are happy!
In Foix I actually went to a little newsagent right in the middle not far from the kids playground and secured their last or possibly only Telegraph. The one you mention in Foix i used to go to but the last few times i was not sucessful but maybe i can try again as we have a few days left!
Maison de la presse Mirepoix as anticipated had quite a lot.
Everyone happy, thanks again :-)
CaroSam

Return to Where can I get ...?