Current disruption.

Confused? Ask away - the chances are someone knows the answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Current disruption.

by Goudy09 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:13 am

Just wondering if the current strike action regarding the employment law dispute is having much/any effect on the Ariege at the moment ?
I have been following it from afar (back in the UK) and it appears that things will get worse before they get better.

On a separate note I have noticed that the meteofrance.com weather website does not load and has not done so for a couple of days. Is this related to the strike ? I assume it is a public service website.

Regards,

Goudy09
Goudy09

Re: MeteoFrance

by Cathy » Thu May 26, 2016 4:06 pm

my shortcut is working fine, try this link

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-france/aulos/09310

I am also in the UK wondering how things are on the petrol front, can anyone enlighten us?

thanks

Cathy
Cathy
Site Admin

Re: Current disruption.

by Myrtle&Martin » Fri May 27, 2016 7:53 am

We use the meteofrance website every day and have noticed no problems.
Re. fuel: it changes day by day and one place to another, for instance at Laroque D'olmes 2 days ago, 2 stations had fuel but for an hour's worth of queues and one had no fuel available. The local radio said there were 6 stations with no fuel at that time, mainly round Lavelanet, St. Jean de Falga and St. Girons, due to panic buying. Haven't been out to try since then but do know the prices are going up everywhere.
M&M
Myrtle&Martin

by Myrtle&Martin » Sun May 29, 2016 8:26 am

The fuel situation seems to be much better now, people are buying with no queues or other problems, both round here (Mirepoix) and in the Aude.
Myrtle&Martin

by wordgardener » Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 am

The Méteo France website was hacked, and went down, but they seem to have sorted it.
wordgardener

by Goudy09 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Dear all,

Thanks for the replies.

It seems as though the Ariege is not suffering as much as other parts of France although both sides seem to be entrenched in their respective positions and there is no apparent end in sight.

My 'meteo' link started working the day I originally posted so I guess it was the hacking issue that caused the problem.

Goudy09
Goudy09

Return to How / where / when / why do I ....?