Le Kiwi at Le Mas d'Azil ... delicious

Where are your favourite restos in and around Ariège? What makes them good? Anything from which bar makes the best coffee to where you can get a great workers' lunch to where to go for a celebration dinner.

Moderator: Moderators

Le Kiwi at Le Mas d'Azil ... delicious

by peta » Fri May 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Le Restaurant & Salon de thé (Mas'dAzil)
5, place du bout de la ville 09290 Le Mas d'Azil. Tél : 05 61 69 55 82
http://restaurant-lekiwi.com/
Chef / proprietor Mark Corrie

Kalba mentioned this restaurant in reply to a question about eating vegetarian in
the Ariege.
Well, we tried it this week -4 of us. It was lovely and we will certainly be returning ;
perhaps to try the full English breakfast served until noon! Mark the owner can provide all different combinations of this English classic and yes you can just drop in. However , it would help to phone first.
Or perhaps pop in for tea and cake served until 4.00 pm.
The lunch menu, a three course affair includes wine and coffee for 16 €
The vegetarian was a full 3 courses too and although the starter was a salad- it was unusual;
Mango & mint with a dash of the orient. Delicious.
Vegetarian main course was a delicious and somewhat unusual tart, lovely combinations of
Crisp pastry, Tapenade, fresh cooked peppers, confit of onion and a smattering of goats cheese ( not really necessary in my opinion, but good)
My fellow diners had delightful fish cakes, followed by perfectly cooked fish with Moroccan rice or beef kebab with very finely diced sauted potatoes - am told both dishes were very good.

Dessert was a choice of two I chose the cheesecake …… so yummy….although I also tasted the Raspberry Clafoutis …… velvety and moorish.
We enjoyed our first visit very much indeed and can certainly recommend this restaurant.
peta

Re: Le Kiwi at Le Mas d'Azil ... delicious

by Caroline » Wed May 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Following on from Peta's review, I would also like to add that Mark is happy to provide Vegan options. He does need notice for this, so just give him a call before going.
Caroline

Return to Restaurant reviews