Pamir Afghan Restaurant and Pizzeria, Puivert

Where are your favourite restos in and around Ariège? What makes them good? Anything from which bar makes the best coffee to where you can get a great workers' lunch to where to go for a celebration dinner.

Moderator: Moderators

Pamir Afghan Restaurant and Pizzeria, Puivert

by Vic Heaney » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:38 pm

This place is marginally outside Ariege, literally within walking distance of the border.

Clement is Afghan and Carole is French. The food comes from both styles and is excellent. The pizzas are also extremely good.

The restaurant is very tastefully furnished, with many Afghan style decorations hanging (including from the ceiling). Traditional Afghan dress is not worn by the staff but is also well displayed on the walls.

Various Afghan artifacts, lamps, carved wooden boxes, those quaint hats as seen in the newsreels, and many smaller items - these are all for sale at very attractive prices.

Well worth a trip. You will go again.
Vic Heaney

Re: Pamir Afghan Restaurant and Pizzeria, Puivert

by kalba » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Vic, I've seen this place but it's never been open. Do you happen to know the opening hours/days? It's a Big Trek over to Puivert for me but I love Afghan food! (And I can always combine it with a swim ...)

A hungry

Kalba
kalba

by Vic Heaney » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Hello Kalba

They have been shut all winter but opened a couple of weeks ago.

They are open every day except Monday, at lunchtime and from 7 in the evening.

I would give them a ring before coming over. We live 300 metres away and we were caught out last Wednesday evening when 4 of us strolled round there at 7 pm. There was no sign of life. So we went on Friday and were told that they had to go to a trade exhibition in Toulouse on the Wednesday. So - best to check.

The telephone number is 04 68 31 28 73

For others - it is on the D117, at the bottom of the hill, as you pass through Puivert
Vic Heaney

by kalba » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks Vic! Will give it a try this summer.
kalba

by Vic Heaney » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:13 pm

The Pamir is still alive and kicking. It was closed for the winter but has been open for a while now. It is still excellent for pizza or some Afghan delicacies. Well worth a visit
Vic Heaney

by Vic Heaney » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Hello Kalba.

I don't know if you ever managed to get to the Pamir. Thought I should tell you that they will be closed from November 11th for the winter.
Vic Heaney

by kalba » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks Vic - I didn't make it, having been a prisoner at home all summer :D but thanks for the heads up. Maybe next year, if they let me out .......
kalba

by Vic Heaney » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:33 pm

adiliu88 wrote:
kalba wrote:Vic, I've seen this place but it's never been open. Do you happen to know the opening hours/days? It's a Big Trek over to Puivert for me but I love Afghan food! (And I can always combine it with a swim ...)A hungry
Kalba

i really wish to eat tasteful afghan foods thanks for this. :ugeek:

I wouldn't go just yet - they are closed for the winter.
Vic Heaney

by Vivienne » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Vic, is this place still open? It's been a while since these posts and we're always on the lookout for good food spots.
thanks
Vivienne
Vivienne

by Vic Heaney » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:05 am

Hello Vivienne

Greetings from Boston, Mass.

Yes, the Pamir is still going strong but they close for the winter. I believe they plan to close this year on November 11th.

I would recommend giving them a ring to check they will be open the day you want to go.
Regards

VIC
Vic Heaney

Next

Return to Restaurant reviews