Le Clos St Martin, Coutens (nr Mirepoix)

Where are your favourite restos in and around Ariège? What makes them good? Anything from which bar makes the best coffee to where you can get a great workers' lunch to where to go for a celebration dinner.

Moderator: Moderators

Le Clos St Martin, Coutens (nr Mirepoix)

by Cathy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Driving from Pamiers, this is on the right hand side in the village of Coutens, about 5 mins before you get to Mirepoix. It's signposted a few hundred metres before you reach it, and the restaurant itself is an old farmhouse-type building on a corner.

The joy of this place its setting, there are tables scattered around the walled garden so definitely a place for a fine day. The first time I ever went was on a warm late autumn day and we sat under the huge "kaki" (persimmon) tree, admiring the huge orange fruits that stay on long after the leaves have fallen.

The restaurant closed for a while but re-opened under new owners a couple of years ago and I had a very pleasant lunch there last week. Menu du jour, 2 courses €12.90, the food was fine without being exceptional, the service friendly and unhurried and the presentation and table settings pretty.

Open every day lunch and dinner except Wednesday and Sunday evening. Tel 05.61.60.45.70.

And the photos really don't do it justice....only had my phone to hand and the bright sun didn't help!
Attachments
IMAG0035.jpg
IMAG0035.jpg (73.05 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
IMAG0034.jpg
IMAG0034.jpg (89.41 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Cathy
Site Admin

Return to Restaurant reviews