Le Rendezvous, Léran

Where are your favourite restos in and around Ariège? What makes them good? Anything from which bar makes the best coffee to where you can get a great workers' lunch to where to go for a celebration dinner.

Moderator: Moderators

Le Rendezvous, Léran

by arthur45 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 am

It occurs to me that it is no bad thing to mention again a restaurant that has featured before but not recently.

After all, how many times have we seen the effect of a change of chef, or owner, or policy ? And I think our Ariège population is a bit shifting (that's shifting, not shifty) so think of the newcomers.

This musing stems from a couple of recent visits to Le Rendezvous at Léran ... last mentioned years ago. I am happy to say that it is still highly recommendable .... not only for cheerful welcome and value for money, but also for inventive cooking. Frequently there is something I have not tried, and that is on a short menu. Over the years the lunch-time menu has gone up in price, but only to 13€, which is remarkable.

Currently still on weekend opening, but progressively longer hours from next month. Check their website.
Lac de Montbel now full of water for nice walking to build appetite.

Arthur

PS It might only be a short term special, but Marek is offering a keg beer called Licorne Black which deserves sampling.
arthur45

Return to Restaurant reviews