Pilates

From where to do it to how to do it to where to get the gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Pilates

by suzy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Hello all

Finally I have secured a venue for my Pilates classes!

St Girons - above the Bio-Coop shop.

Starting on Tuesday 8th Jan at 10am and Thursday 10th Jan at 6pm.

Both classes will be for beginners or anybody that has done some Pilates before, all mats and small equipment included and classes are 7 euros per hour.

I am a fully certified Body Control Pilates Matwork and Equipment teacher with 10 years of teaching practise.

Www.bodycontrolpilates.com

Please email or call me for further details 05-81-29-29-25

Many thanks

Suzy x
suzy

Re: Pilates

by kalba » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Suzy

That sounds good and I'd definitely be interested!

One question, which I'll ask here in case other people might have the same question: is it an option to switch between Tuesday and Thursday sessions? I ask because I'm often committed elsewhere on one or the other (and occasionally both!).

Edited later to add another question: will the classes be led in French as well as English? Have a friend who might be interested but she doesn't speak English.
kalba

by suzy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi kalba

Yes initially I don't see any probs switching between classes, I'm taking 10 per class, so won't be a problem at all. Classes will be in English, I speak a bit of French, but sadly not enough to instruct a really professional class, they are absolutely welcome and I will endeavour to accommodate them as best I can with different ways of teaching such as visual and tactile cues, I'v managed in the past with a lost voice and a broken arm! So I'm up for a challenge.

Look forward to meeting you and have a lovely Christmas x
suzy

by kalba » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks suzy - will be in touch!
kalba

by suzy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi kalba

Hope you are well

Just to say I have had to change the evening class to a Wednesday at 6pm for Pilates, they had double booked me with another activity!

So Tuesday morning at 10am and Wednesday eve at 6pm.

Regards

Suzy x
suzy

by Silvie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Just to add my two pennies' worth, I would say that I've joined Suzy's Tuesday morning class, having never done Pilates before and am thoroughly enjoying it. Not least, because Suzy is an excellent teacher. Her instruction is clear, concise and very professional. If it takes a little bit of effort to get to the class during this bleak and dismal winter weather, I would say go for it - it's well worth that effort.
Silvie

by kalba » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Glad it's going well! I haven't forgotten or lost interest, just snowed under with work right now :roll:
kalba

by suzy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Thank you Silvie for your very kind words!

And thanks kalba, there is a space ready for you whenever you can make it!

To everyone who is attending I appreciate all of your support, especially in the bleak dismal winter weather, as we all know it can be hard work to get your business venture off the ground, so thank you and please pass on the word.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Suzy x :)
suzy

by Vivienne » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:58 am

Suzy do we have to book? Or can we just turn up? I could do with some stretching after this week's trip to l'Etang d'Araing!
thanks
Vivienne
Vivienne

Return to Walking, climbing, skiing, biking, fitness ...