French/English conversation group in St Girons

Are you a member of a local group? Do you want to start one? Publicise it here. Want to make contact with others? What about organising a social event - a meet up in a bar, or an Ariège Network meal?

Moderator: Moderators

Re: French/English conversation group in St Girons

by woodchuck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Please count me in.
Val
woodchuck

by suzy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:12 pm

I would love to get involved as well if a group gets going, I really need some help with my French!!!
suzy

by Vivienne » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Ok, this looks like there was interest but I'm not sure anything happened? Should we perhaps set a date and see who comes along?
The Tarascon one is on Thursdays it seems, and so perhaps we could try for Wednesdays (happy to take other suggestions). Any suggestions for a venue? I'm thinking Le Bouchon in St Girons as it's quite big and central...
Otherwise, depending where people are, the Picolo Bar in Castillon would probably be happy to have us.
Any thoughts?
Vivienne

by Caroline » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:44 am

Hi

There is already a group meeting in St Girons on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. They meet at Gilles Simonet in the afternoons and all have different levels of French,so it is suitable for everyone. I do know the day varies but I have contact details here at the shop or you can PM me for the information

Caroline
Simply British
Caroline

by Vivienne » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Great, thanks Caroline, might pop in to the shop and say Hi.
See you soon
Vivienne
Vivienne

by wordgardener » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Is that just for learning French, Caroline, or are there also native French speakers wanting to improve their English? When we talked about possibly setting something up originally, we'd hoped for a mixed group.
wordgardener

by Caroline » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:52 am

Hi

I believe it is all English people in the group at present, very informal but I know they get homework etc!
The problem that the French have is that they are at work in the day, as are most of us so can't meet in an afternoon - so maybe it would be an idea to look at setting up another group to meet in the evenings???
Caroline

by EliseMarlow » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi,

I've read through the posts - did a group get started in St Girons? Does it still meet? I've recently moved to the area and would enjoy the chance to meet people and brush up my very rusty French!

Elise
EliseMarlow

by Akasha » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi! Is this conversation group still active?
I just moved to StGirons and would love to join if it is still meeting.
I am french and spanish and could share my knowledge in exchange for a nice chat in english.
Thanks!
Akasha

by AnnieB » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello Akasha,
Did you get a reply from anyone about whether the group is active? I'm going to be moving to Soulan (about 20 mins from St Girons) this summer -hopefully by end July. I speak some French but could definitely do with improving and i am more than happy to help with English. So, if you haven't found anyone maybe we could meet up later in the summer?
Best wishes, Anne
AnnieB

Previous

Return to Get togethers, local groups and associations