ROYAL BRITISH LEGION NEEDS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a member of a local group? Do you want to start one? Publicise it here. Want to make contact with others? What about organising a social event - a meet up in a bar, or an Ariège Network meal?

Moderator: Moderators

ROYAL BRITISH LEGION NEEDS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

by Vockings » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:50 pm

[color=#000080]Patron Her Majesty The Queen
Patron France HM Ambassador Sir Peter Ricketts

The Royal British Legion
Bordeaux & SW France Branch

vockings@btinternet.com
July 16th 2016
Hello all,
IN NEED OF HELP FOR THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION
We are already more than half way through 2016 and getting closer to Poppy Appeal time. Many of you will know that although my husband and I returned to the UK at the end of last year I am continuing with my role of Poppy Appeal Organiser for Bordeaux and SW France.
The Royal British Legion is a fantastic charity with a long tradition. The red poppy carries with it memories that range from Flanders Fields through childhood and right up to date with beautiful poppy displays at The Tower of London, St Magnus Cathedral, and right on your very own doorstep in Pau. Each year The Poppy Appeal raises millions of pounds globally so that the RBL can continue with its hard work.
Collectors are always welcome and the task is easy. Just let me know if you would like to be a collector and I will let you know the procedure. If you can help in this way you will be 'Standing Shoulder to Shoulder' to support all our service personnel. Although we are currently based in the UK, the RBL Bordeaux and SW France is a strong branch and we can always get the poppies to you.
I do hope that you can be a collector for this fantastic charity. It is really important to remember that the Royal British Legion continues to help all service personnel and their families. The publication of the Chilcot Report only served to remind us of more recent conflicts and the news this month about deployment of soldiers to Poland and Estonia to serve as a NATO deterrent to Russia confirms that the UK continues to be involved in global action. 100 years on from the start of the Somme battle is a cause for reflection and we must never forget that lives continue to be put at risk so that we can live freely.
Join with me please to make this another record breaking collection. All monies collected during the Appeal are transferred to the RBL UK so that they can continue their good work all over the world.
I am happy to answer any questions that you may have about the Royal British Legion and I look forward to hearing from you.
With warmest wishes,
Brenda Vockings
Poppy Appeals Organiser Royal British Legion, Bordeaux and SW France.
[
Vockings

Return to Get togethers, local groups and associations