Are there any other writers out there?

Are you a member of a local group? Do you want to start one? Publicise it here. Want to make contact with others? What about organising a social event - a meet up in a bar, or an Ariège Network meal?

Moderator: Moderators

Are there any other writers out there?

by wordgardener » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:57 pm

This is a very tentative enquiry to see if there are any others in Ariège who are writers, and who would be interested in getting together occasionally to share ideas or try out their work. Or perhaps such a group already exists?
wordgardener

Re: Are there any other writers out there?

by catleyrichardsons » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:33 pm

We are moving to the Ariege so that Ben can be a full-time writer. Would be interested in meeting up when we visit in April if you'd like?
Building the Jam Jar Dream
catleyrichardsons

by wordgardener » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Message me when you are around, and thanks for responding.
wordgardener

by Helsy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Hi I'm also hoping to move to the Ariege this autumn and am looking for an up-and-running creative writing group, or people interested in setting one up. Having spent 2 years attending a creative writing class in the UK with an excellent group of writers, I want to be able to continue with the sort of support it can provide, once I'm living in France.
Helsy

by annandsteve » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm a full time writer and would be interested in meeting up with other writers, perhaps for a monthly meeting. Is there still any interest in this? For those hoping to move to the area, did you move?
annandsteve

by wordgardener » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm still here, and still writing (on a good day), so it's good to have some responses to my question! I live in Seix, by the way, but would be prepared to travel some distance if there is any interest in a group. I write poetry, but don't see why we couldn't venture cross-genre, and I wouldn't mind trying my hand at some prose.
wordgardener

Return to Get togethers, local groups and associations