Hotel near Barcelona please!

Getting to, from and around Ariège; flights, transfers, trains, ferries, routes.

Moderator: Moderators

Hotel near Barcelona please!

by shelfie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:51 pm

I have some friends coming to stay with me in May who would like to spend a few days in Barcelona. They want to drive down but not actually stay right in the middle of town. They are looking for a nice, not too pricey hotel that would have good taxi/bus links into the city centre. Just wondering if anyone has anywhere they would recommend.
many thanks
shelfie

Re: Hotel near Barcelona please!

by Margaret » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:57 pm

I'd be interested in this too as we go to Barcelona reasonably regularly at the moment. We've stayed in the H2 chain in both Rubi and Sant Cugat. As chains go, it's pretty decent and fairly priced. The disadvantage is the rooms are hot. But they're well situated, you can park safely, and the metro links to Barcelona are wonderful: cheap and quick - simply no need for taxis. Sant Cugat in particular is a pleasant place to be with lots of places to eat, a monastery to explore, and generally a bit of a chance to calm down after the excitement of Barcelona itself. Several interesting driving routes from our area. For a later discussion?
Margaret

Re: Hotel near Barcelona please!

by shelfie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:51 am

Margaret, thank you so much for that. I will forward this info to my friends. x
shelfie

Return to Travel, transport, getting around